29.1.10

white and empty streets

// on foot... 08.27 pm

Snow...


coats me; my jacket, my hair, my scarf, my backpack, my boots.
permeates my disguise; covers my flesh, my bones.
chills my lungs as I inhale millions of snowflakes.
covers even my eyes, doesn't let me see how long it is till the end of the pavement.
freezes my heart, as I try to find my way.


The light of the street lamp is warm. It makes the street seem sort of orange. But I know that the snow is white. It is everywhere. It reminds me of you. It reminds me of the place you live; even though I have never actually seen that place.
There rises then warmth, sort of coziness. With the whisper of the song in my ear, it grows. I think of your words. Nothing is cold anymore. It is everywhere.

It's such a shame for us to part.

listening to: Coldplay - The Scientist

3 comments: